Augusta to Atlanta to DCA

The morning started early at 4:30 a.m.  Astonished that my luggage had expanded from two carry-ons to a 52 lb. suitcase and two carry-ons, I made my way to the door.  Luggage was loaded, goodbye kisses and hugs made, and off I went.

Augusta Regional is a small two gate airport with no 5:00 a.m. coffee bar (BUMMER).  I boarded the plane and took my seat next to the window, hoping for some sleep. 

I recently noticed that I can't seem to keep my mouth shut.  No, I don't mean talking, I mean when sleeping.  As I faded in and out of consciousness, I would catch myself with mouth wide open, head back.  The older man next to me must have been mortified (oh well).

Our plane arived in Atlanta to an airport that, I am sure, was still sleeping.  After a 10 minute hold on the tar mac and a power failure we were finally set free.  I enetered into concourse D and searched for some kind of coffee or food.  There weren't too many places open.  I finally settled on Starbucks vanilla latte, but bypassed the yogurt parfait because of the strange brown liquid around the bananas in the bottom of the cup (ewww!)

After finding a bagel and creme cheese I made my way to the gate.  The sun was rising, news was on, and a small buzz began to build in the airport as early morning arrivals made there way about.

Catching up on e-mail, school work, and well...blogging...I'm struck by the thought (man I must do way more work in a 40hr week now than my parents did without all this technology).  Sigh.

Gate change...praying for an on time flight to DCA and an affordable cab to work.  Here I go again....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned in an Airport

Eat, Pray, Love - Live Life Out Loud